Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Real Speed Work

Tuesday 8.0 miles/1:06:04/8:16 average pace

I assigned myself a VO2 interval workout straight from my last Pfitz schedule, and I did it! I have been slacking on my speed work so it felt good to get this in.

2 miles warm up
8:47
8:37

4 X 1200 m (.75 miles) with .25 mile recoveries

Interval II- 5:17 (7:03 pace) 2:31 recovery
Interval I- 5:22 (7:09 pace) 2:23 recovery
Interval III- 5:31 (7:21 pace) 2:26 recovery
Interval IV- 5:20 (7:07 pace) 2:25 recovery

2 miles cool down
8:38
8:43


So, last time I did this I was faster, but I'm still pretty pleased. It was hard, but fun, and I'm glad I did it.

After finishing the run, we drove up to the gym for an hour of upper body weights (chest and shoulders) plus some core stuff. I'm getting used to these long evenings- I started my run at 5:00 and we didn't leave the gym till about 8:30. There's some hot tub time in there, but still.

7 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Wow, 8:16 pace. That's awesome!!!

TJ said...

dang! you are a speedster.

Unknown said...

Great job with the speedwork!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!

Hey Jen make sure you don't run so fast that we miss you flying by on TV when we watch the Boston race on the flatscreen :-)

so sloooooooooooow it up a bit--lol

Anonymous said...

solid workout. You've done a nice job in recovering from your qualifier and getting built up for Boston!

Michele said...

Wow!!! Great speed workout. Can't wait to hear how Boston goes!

Arcane said...

Nice job again! It's funny how quickly one can lose speed.