Friday, March 16, 2007

Mid-Week Long Run and Friday Swim

Thursday 11.0 miles/1:37:26/8:52 average pace

It was really warm - upper 70's- so the first few miles kind of sucked. I was very thirsty and drank lots of water, but I still felt sluggish. After a while, I got some shade, my legs loosened up, and I started feeling a lot better. By the last few miles I was feeling great. The usual routine I guess.

1- 8:54
2- 8:52
3- 9:09
4- 9:00
5- 8:55
6- 9:05
7- 9:04
8- 8:53
9- 8:57
10- 8:40
11- 7:52

I finished the run at the gym, where I met Zach for some upper body weights. We did biceps and back, plus core.


This morning I got up and went to the gym for a swim. I love my Friday swim! I've done it 3 times in a row. :) It's a great way to start a Friday. Plus, it's supposed to be a rest day, so there's no pressure to work hard. Today I swam 15 laps = 750 meters in about 25 minutes. There was a chatty guy in the next lane who was bragging about his fast swimming (he was fast!) which was kinda funny. On my very last length I tried to keep pace with him, and I did but it about killed me. :D I sat in the steam room for a while then got ready for work.

It's a beautiful day here in the the bay area- sunny and 80's by this afternoon. Yay Friday.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Can you send some of that heat east please???
It has been warm all week until today and now it is cold again.
Awesome run and swim.