Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tiburon revisited

Saturday 18.0 miles/2:42:10/9:01 average pace

I ran the Paradise Loop around the Tiburon Peninsula, which is just across the Golden Gate Bridge from SF. It's an 8.5 mile hilly loop so I did it twice- the first loop (plus some) with Zach, and the second loop solo. It was incredible! The weather was perfect (sunny and about 65) with gorgeous views. The road is hilly, but I was expecting them this time. I have only run the course once before- last October while training for CIM- and it kicked my ass. Yesterday I found it to be pretty hard, but not bad. I couldn't believe when I looked back in my log (link here) that I ran faster yesterday! So, I guess that means I am back in shape.

Zach ran the first 10 miles with me, then a final mile by himself! I was really proud of him for taking on that last mile alone. I think he got a glimpse of the mental side of distance-running. And I think he liked it. :)

Loop One
9:16
9:07
9:32
9:10
9:01
8:46
9:05
8:54
8:57 (First 9 miles in 1:21:52 [9:06 average pace])

Loop Two
9:19
9:16
9:35
9:18
8:53
8:54
8:34
8:28
8:04 (Last 9 miles in 1:20:18 [8:55 average pace])

I am not swimming today, since I've had a pretty sore throat all week (again). I need some rest. And since I took it pretty easy this week swimming and weights-wise, I need to git r done next week for sure. I'm off to the couch and Season 3 of Family Guy.

TOTAL miles for the week: 41

PLUS: not much... um... 2 times swimming for a total of 1000 meters. No weights.

2 comments:

Arcane said...

Nice work! You'll be well prepared for Boston.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Sounds like a very good workout & better views to keep you pumping!

do U have a juicer? best remedy for a sore throat is fresh squeezed Pineapple juice, there is something in the that particle juice that is good to remove viruses in the throat...

I have been using that for over 10 years now and works about 90% of the time...10% every once in a while gets me...I am constantly on the phone for my business so I need my throat to be very good to me--lol so when it acts up I head to the store for a pineapple :-)