Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sunny Tempo Run

Tuesday 7.25 miles/58:13/8:02 average pace



(pretty random eh?)

I really struggled through the first half of this run - it was hot, my legs were sore, and I was running through a neighborhood with so many street crossings that I couldn't get into a rhythm. The turnaround point was at a park, so I grabbed a drink (ahhh) and it was really the "turning point" in the run. On the way back, I hit all the green lights, the sun was behind my back, and my legs felt loose. So, all in all, it was a great run. I didn't do the structured 7 miles with 4 at LT pace, but it worked out.

1- 8:16
2- 8:11
3- 8:15
4- 8:08
5- 8:00
6- 7:54
7- 7:39
.25- 1:48 (7:12 pace)

Right after the run, Zach and I headed up to the gym for upper body weights plus abs/core. We have a new routine, so yesterday we just did chest and shoulders.

We made it home in time to see the last two periods of the Sharks game. They destroyed Chicago 7-1.

Side note, my throat is feeling a lot better! Finally.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Wow, great run. I need some of your speed.

Anonymous said...

SHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKS!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yep, running through intersections is a pain in the rear. I planned routes just to avoid having to do it any more than possible.

Great job with your workouts!

Arcane said...

Nice pace on the run. Wow you're a hockey fan. Who'd have thunk.

Lance Notstrong said...

That picture is what I see when I run in really hot weather :-)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Nice pace!! and funny pic!