Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Week 6 Schedule (and Monday's workout)

6 weeks to Boston!!

Monday: 6 miles easy (+ short swim)

Tuesday: 7 miles intervals: 10 X .25 mile with .25 mile recoveries, plus one mile warm up and one mile cool down

Wednesday: off- travelling for work

Thursday: 10 miles GA (+ upper body weights)

Friday: (morning swim?)

Saturday: 18 miles

Sunday: (swim)

total miles scheduled: 41

------------------------------------------------------

Monday 6.0 miles/57:32/9:35 average pace

I ran on the Treadmill at the gym. Pretty boring. Then I stretched and showered and jumped in the pool for a short swim. I did 10 laps (500 m) in 15 minutes. I concentrated on keeping the pace easy and relaxed so that I could just touch the end and come back. I think I'm resting a lot because I"m so out of breath, so this method made it easier to take short rests. I did maybe 2 or 3 where I just touched the end and swam back, and the rest were still pretty short rests. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Only six weeks? Wow! This year is just flying. Great job. I hope you really enjoy Boston.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

"Plan the work and WORK the PLAN"

Way to keep focused as the clock ticks down to the BIG Boston Day!

Kevin said...

Jen,
Only a girl would shower before a swim! Men are pigs! ;-)

Kevin