Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week 3 Schedule - Taper Time

I am glad I didn't post this yesterday, because I ended up skipping my run last night. It just didn't happen. Among my excuses: it was pouring rain, it was monday, and I am tapering. Oh, and my left leg has been a little sore. And Maritza was going to run with me but had an appointment. So, ya, didn't run. I like how I didn't take a single day off (running or cross training) for like three weeks, then I take two days in a row. Logical timing though- right after my 20 mile run. Anyway, I'm back on track for the week:

Monday: rest (hehe)

Tuesday: 8 miles w/ 4 at LT pace (+ upper body and core ST)

Wednesday: (swim)

Thursday: 10 miles (+ upper body and core ST)

Friday: (swim)

Saturday: 16 miles

Sunday: (swim)

TOTAL miles scheduled for taper week one: 34

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone deserves a couple of off days it's you!

Unknown said...

Looks like a good plan to me. You sure are getting plenty of swimming in. After Boston, you are either going to need to do an Aquathlon (Swim, run) or you are going to need to throw in some cycling and really jump of the deep end...a triathlon (gasp!). Don't worry, with the times you are running marathons at, finishing a sprint triathlon would be a piece of cake for you.

Faithful Soles said...

Jen, saw where you had posted on another running blog. Have you done Boston before? I ran it from 2000-2002 and it is such a thrill. Enjoy your taper and the trip. It truly is the greatest marathon there is.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database with bloggers from all over the world and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I look forward to coming back and reading your Boston report.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good Morning Miss 111 , Enjoy the taper :-)